Lawrence Gorfine, MD
Dr. Gorfine is Board Certified in Anesthesiology by the American Board of Anesthesiology and Board Certified in Pain Medicine Board Certified by the American Board of Pain Medicine. Dr. Gorfine is Past-Chairman of the Pain Committee of the Florida Society of Anesthesiologists, and is Past-President of the Florida Academy of Pain Medicine. He was Director of Pain Medicine, Associate Professor and Fellowship Director of Pain Management at the Medical College of Virginia. As a leader in his field, Dr. Gorfine has over 25 years of experience in anesthesiology and pain medicine. He has lectured and educated both residents and fellows at university medical centers throughout the country.
- B.S., Dickinson College, Carlisle, PA
- M.D., University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
- Medicine and Surgery, Brown University Hospitals, Providence, RI
- Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Tufts New England Medical Center Hospitals, Boston, MA
- JFK Medical Center, Lake Worth
- JFK Medical Center-North Campus, West Palm Beach
- Palm Beach County Medical Society, President
- Florida Medical Association, Council on Legislation
- Florida Academy of Pain Medicine, President
- Florida Anesthesiology Political Action Committees, Chairman
- Florida Society of Anesthesiologists, President
- American Society of Anesthesiologists, Delegate from FSA
- Palm Beach County Medical Society
- Florida Medical Association
- Florida Society of Anesthesiologists
- Florida Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- The Spine Intervention Society
- Florida Academy of Pain Medicine
- American Academy of Pain Medicine
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia & Pain Medicine
- North American Spine Society
DOUGLAS G. MACLEAR, D.O.
On December 20, 2018, our beloved medical associate, colleague and friend passed away as a result of a tragic accident. Dr. Douglas MacLear had over forty years of medical experience and served the Palm Beach County and South Florida Communities for the last eighteen years. He was double Board Certified, both in Anesthesiology and in Pain Medicine. Dr. MacLear attended Osteopathic Medical School on a U.S. Navy Scholarship and later served in the 2nd Battalion, 9th Marine Division in Okinawa as a General Medical Officer. He also spent many years as a full time Emergency Medical Physician in the Navy and in civilian life.
Later in his career he became fascinated with the specialty of Anesthesiology. He initiated training at State University of New York at Buffalo, and practiced anesthesiology at State College, Pennsylvania. He continued further advanced training and completed a Fellowship in Pain Medicine at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
After his further specialty training, Dr. MacLear returned to private practice in Florida. He was a practicing physician and partner at the Palm Beach Spine and Diagnostic Institute in Palm Beach, Florida and was on the medical staff of JFK Medical Center. Because of his warmth, caring and personal attention to all, he was loved by his patients, staff and colleagues.
Dr. MacLear was a member of the American Society of Anesthesiologists, Florida Society of Anesthesiologists, Palm Beach County Medical Society, Florida Medical Society, Spine Intervention Society, American Osteopathic Society, Florida Osteopathic Medical Society, and The Florida Academy of Pain Medicine.
Dr. MacLear will be missed but never forgotten by his colleagues, friends and patients.
To not be able to move or get out of bed for about three years, it just took my heart and my soul – it took everything I loved… I’m doing Kung Fu … getting ready for competition again… You can’t put a price on feeling good. You can’t put a price on your health.
Want to hear what our patients think? View More Testimonials